Thursday, July 16, 2009

Days 1-3

Well, we've made it 3 days on our 12 day kickoff to our new healthy eating plan. So far, so good...I think. If you are friends with Josh on Facebook, he is giving a play by play of our meals. I haven't been doing that yet but I am giving him the rundown of what I've eaten each day to keep me accountable. Here are some things I have learned so far:
  • I tend to snack a lot. When I'm bored, when I'm sleepy...anytime there's a lull in my day, I think about grabbing something to eat. I've tried to be more conscious about what's triggering the emotional eating. I've been trying to find productive things to do when I want to snack. I've also found that apples and caramel dip are a great snack that makes me feel full for a long time.
  • I can make it without Mtn Dew. :) With the exception of a small cup of coffee each morning, I haven't had any caffeine since Sunday night. I had a dull headache Monday and Tuesday but it has gone away now. I am learning to love water.
  • I expect to see results quickly. Obviously I need to give it more that 3 days so I'm trying to stay positive. The first time I can tell a difference in how I feel/look will be a huge motivator.
  • I catch myself thinking that one little "something or other" won't hurt. You know "that candy bar is so small, surely it won't mess up my progress." But, I haven't given in so I'm proud of that.
Overall, things have went smoothly the first few days. Josh is much better at menu planning and cooking so I've let him handle that. I haven't exercised as much as I've wanted but we are doing at least 12 minutes a day. That's better than nothing. Check back for another update if a few days.

No comments: