Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
A few weeks ago, someone at work decided that we needed to have a Biggest Loser competition. I am super excited and determined to WIN. Not that I'm competitive or anything... We have about 40 people that have signed up. We each contributed $10 and the winner takes all. We are divided into men and women for the 1st place prize. Then we have lots of smaller teams competing against each other - to make it more interesting and keep everyone motivated.
We had our first weigh in on Monday and will continue to weigh in every Monday until the week of Thanksgiving. I've done good so far this week. I haven't exercised as much as I would like but I'm hoping to put in some extra time this weekend. I also need to find my Weight Watcher material. I did their program a few years ago and had a lot of success. Hopefully, it will work as well this time too.
Hopefully, I will do a better job keeping this updated this time. We will find out our ranking (% of weight lost) by Tuesday of each week so I'll try to post that. I'm getting out all my old skinny clothes as motivation and I'm dreaming about what I can do with the money if/when I win. I definitely want to be Calvary's Biggest Loser!!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
- I tend to snack a lot. When I'm bored, when I'm sleepy...anytime there's a lull in my day, I think about grabbing something to eat. I've tried to be more conscious about what's triggering the emotional eating. I've been trying to find productive things to do when I want to snack. I've also found that apples and caramel dip are a great snack that makes me feel full for a long time.
- I can make it without Mtn Dew. :) With the exception of a small cup of coffee each morning, I haven't had any caffeine since Sunday night. I had a dull headache Monday and Tuesday but it has gone away now. I am learning to love water.
- I expect to see results quickly. Obviously I need to give it more that 3 days so I'm trying to stay positive. The first time I can tell a difference in how I feel/look will be a huge motivator.
- I catch myself thinking that one little "something or other" won't hurt. You know "that candy bar is so small, surely it won't mess up my progress." But, I haven't given in so I'm proud of that.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
We aren't following a specific plan - just eating healthier with the goal of no cheating for the 12 days. Momma is reading Mike Huckabee's book and 12 days is what he suggests to get started. He also suggests only 12 minutes of exercise but I am planning to do Jillian's 30 Day Shred.
I am planning to keep a record of my progress on here. Hopefully it will be good accountability. I really need to make a change. This is probably the worst I've felt about myself since right after Abby was born.
I've debated all day about posting a "before" picture. But, as I told Mom last night, if you know me in real life you know this is what I look like. So, there's no point in hiding it. Plus, it will motivate me to try harder to have an awesome "after" picture.
I went to the doctor last week because I have been feeling lightheaded several times a day. They did a complete blood workup and thankfully everything looked great. I am supposed to monitor my blood pressure for the next six weeks because it fluctuated so much while I was there. My appointment is 5 weeks from Wednesday. I have decided not to weigh myself until that appointment.
Because I want the accountability that comes with total honesty, I am going to share my current weight and my goals for the next weeks/months. And, well, because I think a little humiliation may help my motivation too.
So, here goes...
Current weight - 186
- 12 days with no cheating
- at least 12 minutes of exercise every day - hopefully 20 minutes with Jillian
- lose 10-15 pounds before my doctor's appointment
- lose 40-50 pounds total (at 2lbs/week that should be around Christmas)
Well, I'm off to bed to get ready for this adventure. Please feel free to ask me about how it's going. And lots of encouraging comments would be nice too. :-)
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
We ended up buying her dress at a different store. Pictures will be coming when we have the whole outfit.
This is the dress that Abby picked out. She calls it her "slitty" dress - because of the slits, of course.